9 things to know when press passing
For Greater London print buyers on a budget our print shop near Bethnal Green, E2 is easily accessible for press passing. A press pass is a great way to check how your work will look when printed on a specified paper. In no particular order, the following is a shortlist of what to look for on a running sheet when press passing:
- Is it the paper you ordered - does it have the correct finish and weight?
- Check for scumming, ghosting, hickeys, etc
- Check type is clear and unbroken
- How does the running sheet compare to the approved proof. Is anything missing? Have all corrections been done?
- Do all colours register? Use an eyeglass to check registration marks
- Is colour even and consistent on solid areas?
- Using a densitometer your printer will check CMYK inks are running to weight. If printing in spot colour check Pantone references match. Be aware that color can change slightly as the ink dries.
- On multi-page publications fold the sheet/s to ensure pages are in correct order
- Check everything one final time.